Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Distractions Abound






I've been distracted by lots of urgent jobs recently. Some are quite small but others are proving troublesome and prevent me from getting on with more important work on chairs and bowls. A typical distraction that did get fixed recently was a seal on the hydraulic ram for the trailer we use on the commons.



It's not been dismantled in decades and it took Richard and I some hours to get it off and even longer to get at the seal. But it will be good to be able to use the trailer over the winter, at least Roy will be pleased with me. Fingers crossed this is one distraction that won't need doing again for another few decades.


2 comments:

Robin Fawcett said...

I envy you Mark.

I know nothing about mechanics and have to pay large sums for people to fix things for me!

Woodland Antics said...

Robin,

you shouldn't. It is rarely useful or wise to be a jack-of-all-trades. Though I am a master of one. But since that's rocket science it doesn't help me a lot nowadays :-)

I envy and aspire to your focus, skill and talent. I am trying hard to cut down the number of distractions that interrupt me, but in some ways it is in my nature to mess about with things. So an endless quest.

But most of all thankyou for your encouragement !

Mark