Monday, 27 April 2009

Sometimes things go wrong


I don't mean this site to be a personal diary and I intend to keep away from the minutiae of my everyday life. But in the last week a few things have conspired and broken on me. My broadband connection converted itself into a very thin straw instead of a gushing hose of a connection. This has caused me a bit of a difficulty in editing and posting on this site - hence the last post finally popped out a few days after I started to write it.

It's taken me a few days of frustration to carry out all the tests that my provider (virgin) insisted upon, until the final test which turned out to be do - to do nothing for a few days, whilst they tried (allegedly) to decide whether there is a problem or not.

In the meantime though, our Tom Putt and Howgate Wonder apple trees in the front garden have responded to the good weather with a great display of blossom, and in the calm evenings even I could smell it clearly.


Magically somehow, last night, the connection restored itself to its normal babbling brook if not quite the gushing hose. Perhaps it was the scent of the blossom that did it? Predictably I've not heard anything from my ISP.



At the same time I've managed to fix the starter motor (with thanks to my friend Richard who magically produced a replacement) and replaced the angle grinder which fell apart in my hands, in time to attend a coppice group meeting, then a funeral for a friend and pole lathe turner and demonstrated at a 2 day show over the weekend. So hopefully normal service can now be resumed both technically and mentally.



No comments: