It's a year since my first post. With such a diverse range of woody, slightly woody and not-very- woody-at-all activities it can be hard to keep track of progress. At times it can seem that I'm going backwards but writing the posts has helped me to focus more on what I am achieving, and if it helps inform, educate or even entertain as well then I am delighted. By the way, spot the deliberate mistake in the photo?
I spent the bank holiday weekend working, demonstrating on my pitch at the Weald & Downland Museum. With no special events on the museum was calm and it gave me the opportunity to talk to many visitors. It was a little odd to be the star turn, as aside from myself, only the miller in the watermill and the turdor kitchens were demonstrating over the weekend. Even the forge was silent.
The green man always reminds me that the seasons move on and though the weather ended warm and sunny on Monday Autumn was in the air.
OK so I took the first photo on a timer. I dashed to the lathe only to discover I'd forgotten to wind the cord around the workpiece. This one is a little bit better, shame about the berk on the lathe. Several people wanted to buy the display tables so I'm going to have to fix the legs properly, the shavings have started to sell well (I expect the firelighting ones to sell well from now on) and somebody even talked me into selling my demo spinning top - so I have plenty of work to do this week.

2 comments:
Sounds like a good weekend all round. Yes, I'm certain the display tables will be sellers if you can keep up with demand!
Happy one year old matey, and keep up the great posts. Spotted the mistake straight away, just thought that you rocket scientists have a secret means of powering the lathe and that the cord was just for show! You should have left us guessing.
Post a Comment