Friday, 16 October 2009

Just in Tine






I am Mark the Rake for the weekend at the Burley Cider Festival in the New Forest. A novel experience not to be taking a pole lathe but making hay rakes is a skill I've wanted to acquire for a while and with the wisdom and help of Peter Jameson I hope to make a couple of reasonable rakes this weekend (and to sample the local brew).

For rakes you need tines, and they need to be seasoned. These tines were made just in tine to be seasoned on the woodburner this evening. I think its called 'Just in Tine manufacturing'...........

2 comments:

Seanhellman said...

Did you hear my groans? but maybe you where using your chainsaw at the tine I was reading your blog

Woodland Antics said...

Ah! it was you groaning, mind you I doubt you were alone. I just couldn't resist it.