The christmas ale is bottled and just about ready to drink. I reuse old beer bottles time and again, it's such a shame that we don't have a deposit and return system on these bottles (like we did with corona bottles when I was young) but I do my best to help out, and these bottles seem to be reusable almost indefinately. Unfortunately I didn't come up with a better name than winter brew. Any suggestions?
Once bottled I add a half teaspoon of sugar to prime (soft dark brown sugar for this batch) and then leave by the stove for a couple of days before storing in the cool (outside the back door). My experience is that the beer improves as it conditions and in the cool weather this can take a few weeks, so I shall be sampling the progress. Normally it's just about perfect by the time I get around to the last bottle.

No comments:
Post a Comment