....went to mow a meadow, one man and his scythe, went to mow a meadow. Oh two men went to mow......
Well actually I started on the lawn this morning. An adjustment of the handles has done a lot to improve the quality of my mowing, the rest is all down to sharpness of the blade. Time to throw out the strimmer, I won't be needing that again. Again saving money and reducing carbon footprint are the same thing. Well it made me feel good.
Then I went to mow the meadow. Or in this case a small paddock owned by friends as a test for the blades on the new topper. I managed to avoid the orchids,
and also set the topper high enough to leave the mass of birdsfoot trefoil and other wildflowers whilst taking off the nettles, bracken and docks.
Finally a visit to do some weed control in 9 acres field on Lynchmere ridge, back to the scythe. Working on the ridge overlooking the Weald with the South Downs behind is always good for the soul.

No comments:
Post a Comment