Monday, 29 June 2009

Two of us went to mow.....






Went to mow a meadow. Two of us, one of us, and our scythes, and a bottle of pop, went to mow a meadow. It seems the scything bug is catching. Yesterday Alison and I went to do some weed control along the edge of a meadow called 9 acres field.




I was quite pleased with the result, we got quite a lot of the edge cleared and we plan to continue the work later in the week (temperatures allowing).



The thistles (and nettles and dock) are starting to flower so they need to be cut to prevent them from seeding and spreading.



It would be great if all the work could be done by hand, but without enough volunteers its impracticable. So I switched to a larger form of mower to deal with some of the larger beds of nettles and thistles.


No comments: