Wednesday, 3 June 2009

Weald and Downland Weekend



One of the magical things about the Weald & Downland Museum is the sense of tranquility that I get through being there and that's concentrated once the visitors leave. The water mill is one of my favourite buildings even though its very hard to photograph.


Even at the busies times there are parts of the museum that remain calm and in the early morning, or a late summer evening it's quite special. The water wheel is around the back of the building and it's not until the evening that the sun gets onto the moss covered blades.


After a busy show day it's a good way to wind down to take a gentle wander round the site and let the quiet seep back into me.


Another building that's hard to photograph is the old smithy with its collection of iron tyres propped up outside.

This weekend I took my camera on a walk as well and couldn't resist taking some photos that I hope capture the special nature of the place.



No comments: